Serum is a decentralized exchange and aggregator platform. It works as an ecosystem and protocol that has low transaction fees and speed. The system is based on the Solana blockchain. We can work through on-chain central limit orderbook to share liquidity. It provides institutional and retail users and their features with liquidity. Traders can work with any directions, price, and lot size.
The Serum platform was released on August 31, 2020. The blockchain was chosen as Solana. It’s supported by the Serum Foundation. It was backed by veterans in cryptocurrency trading and decentralized finance that include FTX, Alameda Research, and the Solana Foundation. It has to solve problems of high gas cost and executing speed. We can work with options, futures, borrow lending positions, or derivatives.
Let’s talk about details:
- The system shares infrastructure for trading applications, giving developers everything they need for design.
- The decentralized exchange is built based on the Asset Agnostic order book that allows the ecosystem with a greater source of pooled liquidity and shared resource to power based trading features.
- There is a Serum (SRM) token released.
- We can get benefits from buy/burn fees.
- The transaction costs are $0.00001 per transaction.
- Developers aim to get one billion users and $10T of the on blockchain value.
- There’s an on-chain order book provided.
- We can design any trading application that can work with the Serum liquidity.
- It can work well for Retail Traders, Developers, and Algorithmic Traders.
Pros & cons
- It’s a based on Solana trading solution
- We can design our own trading advisors to work with the Serum liquidity
- No risks explained
- No people testimonials written
|Funding methods:||Any deposit or fiat currency|
|Cryptocurrencies supported:||All ERC-20 tokens|
|Countries:||There’s no country limitations on the developers side|
Key features of Serum
- The Serum DEX was designed based on the Solana blockchain.
- Solana provides a fast, secure, and censorship trading experience.
- It allows low transaction latency and performance fees.
- They set a goal to get over $10T of the chain value.
- The system was designed based on Layer-1.
- It supports 50k transactions per seconds (TPS).
- Block times are approximately 400ms.
- Network fees are $0.0001 per transaction.
- No sharding required.
- It can process hundreds of orders per second.
- The current foreseeable roadmap envisions 1m TPS and 150ms block times.
- The Wormhole feature allows existing projects, platforms, and communities to move tokenized assets seamlessly across blockchains to get profits from Solana’s high speed execution and low cost fees.
- It can work with ERC20 tokens.
- Serum (SRM) is the utility and governance token of Serum. MegaSerum (MSRM) is 1,000,000 SRM stacked together.
- 10% of all SRM tokens begin unlocked.
- 90% have the unlock schedule.
- They will be unlocked within the next 6 years.
- 100% of protocol fees go to the benefit of SRM.
- Serum Last Price is $3.27.
- Total Supply is 10,000,000,000 SRM.
- Unlocked Supply is 1,092,844,982 SRM
- Circulating Supply is 133,231,781 SRM
- A delegated-stake node’s leader will receive 15% of the node’s total reward, with the other 85% being split proportionally.
- Each node will receive a base of 2% APY per year on its holdings and will receive another 0% – 13% per year based on performance of its duties.
- There are various products that work with Serum liquidity.
What wallets does it support?
We can work with any Solana supported wallets.
How does Serum work?
- We can purchase native tokens.
- There’s a possibility to stake them.
- We are allowed to connect our products to the service.
- There’s a feature that allows us to create a node.
What can you buy with Serum?
We can purchase a native token SRM or 1 million of SRM, MSRM.
Are there any risks with Serum?
The risks are average. Providing liquidity and staking tokens isn’t absolutely safe.
There are fees sharing:
- 20% of net fees go to the project or GUI hosting the activity.
- 10% go to nodes as staking rewards.
- 2% go to EcoSerum.
- 68% go to buy and burn SRM.
The fees on trades are (taker/maker):
- Hold < 100 SRM: 4 bps/0 bps
- 100 SRM: 3.9 bps/0 bps
- 1,000 SRM: 3.8 bps/0 bps
- 10,000 SRM: 3.6 bps/0 bps
- 100,000 SRM : 3.4 bps/0 bps
- 1m SRM: 3.2 bps/0 bps
- 1 MSRM: 3 bps/0 bps
We can work with any compatible with the Solana blockchain wallet.
Should you buy it?
The financial risks are completely up to you. Anyway, swapping via this service should be a safe option.
Final word for Serum
Serum is a Solana based platform that makes it possible for everyone to work with liquidity. The system allows us to make profits on staking native tokens to make profits from fees.